Today, in this guide I will help you to install latest TWRP Recovery (3.0.2-0) on your LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi. Having a custom recovery on your phone means, you can flash Magisk or SuperSu zip and root it, you can install a custom ROMs, kernels and mods as well as do various task that a stock recovery never going to offer. Since TWRP recovery is a touch base recovery, the GUI interface is easy to use. Continue reading this article to learn how to install latest TWRP recovery (3.0.2-0) on LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi.
How To Unlock and Install TWRP Recovery On LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi
WARNING: Though flashing custom recovery don’t usually erase phone data! However, as a precaution, before proceeding, ensure the data you would like to retain is backed up to your PC and/or your Google account, or equivalent. We (TrueAndroid Team) are not responsible if anything happen to your device while following this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- A touch based interface.
- Can flash custom ROMs, Mods and kernels.
- Can wipe Dalvic /ART Cache.
- Allow you to access and use phone memory when you are in recovery.
- You can install Xposed Modules.
- You can root your device using root zip file (magisk, supersu etc.)
- Flashing a custom kernel may help you to overclock or underclock your SoC.
- Can factory reset your device.
- You can remove all bloatware by flashing proper bloatware removal zip.
- You can take a full system backup (Nandroid) and later restore it.
- Make sure your computer has working adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. [Tutorial]
- Proper USB driver is installed. [Download]
- A rooted LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi. [You can use towelroot app to root your LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi easily]
How To Install TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0 on LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi
- Download TWRP.
- Once done, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now on your computer open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window. Then copy TWRP file to your phone SD Card using adb command: adb push twrp-x.x.x-x-v400.img /sdcard/twrp-v400.img [Note: Replace TWRP file name with your downloaded file name]
- Now enter adb shell with following command: adb shell .
- Finally, type following command one by one:
dd if=/sdcard/twrp-v400.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Tip: To boot into recovery first turn off your LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi and then press and hold Volume Down and Power button together. When the LG logo appears, release both buttons and then hold them again.
That’s it! You now have an unlocked LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi with latest supported TWRP Recovery installed.