TWRP 188.8.131.52 Touch Recovery for US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 is now available. You can download and install this touch supported custom recovery using details guide below. This latest TWRP recovery version comes with various improvement along with new features that I have added later part of this guide. If you planing to flash custom ROM based on latest Android version such as Android 4.4.4 KitKat or Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, you must have a latest custom recovery installed. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to install TWRP 184.108.40.206 Touch Recovery on US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 as well as how to upgrade from previous version.
- Download SlimKat Stable ROM For US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- How To Update US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CM11 M11 Build
- Update US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
- Update US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 To Android 4.4.3 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
About TWRP: Team Win Recovery Project, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as TWRP recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest TWRP 220.127.116.11 Touch Recovery also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest TWRP 18.104.22.168 Touch Recovery.
What’s new in 22.214.171.124:
- MTP will now tell the host PC that storage is removed instead of disabling MTP completely
- MTP will now report the correct max file size based on the file system in use to the host PC (may fix transfer of large files)
- Update and improve fix permissions and make fixing contexts optional
- Update SuperSU in TWRP to 2.40 and update install process
- Make TWRP work properly on AArch64 (Nexus 9 is now built in true 64-bit binaries and libraries)
- Attempt to set correct permissions and contexts on all files placed in storage so backups will show in Android
- Fix kernel panic during MTP start on some devices
- Support unicode fonts on devices with True Type Font support
- Fix slider value not showing sometimes (vibration settings page)
- Toggle MTP off during adb sideload to set correct USB IDs
- Reduce library requirements for 5.0 L decrypt
- Other minor fixes and improvements
This tutorial is only for US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though installing TWRP recovery don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 40% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530. [Guide].
5. Your device is rooted (only require if you using mentioned app). [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP 126.96.36.199 Touch Recovery on US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530.
How to Install TWRP 188.8.131.52 Touch Recovery Using TWRP Manager
- Download and install TWRP Manager app -> Play Store Link.
- Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions.
- Hit Advanced->Install Recovery.
- Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery.
How to Install TWRP 184.108.40.206 Touch Recovery on US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 Via Odin
- Download Odin v3.09 and openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-d2usc.tar.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home & Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. You will see an “Added!!” massage in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that openrecovery-twrp-18.104.22.168-d2usc.tar file that you downloaded earlier. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats ! You have successfully installed the TWRP 22.214.171.124 Touch Recovery on US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 and you are now free to test latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based custom ROM as well as old ROM on your US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530. To boot into recovery, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together until Samsung logo flash twice and then release the Power button. You should see recovery menu soon.