You probably already knew that custom ROM based on Android 4.4 KitKat required latest ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 or higher version. We already covered Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900, that’s why we decided to write an installation process of CWM Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 for those who yet to install this latest CWM recovery.
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as CWM recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11.
- Dedup’d backups (Saves lots of space)
- Faster backups (Incremental)
- New Background
- More responsive UI
- New animations
- KitKat compatibility
- Fixes for the 32G and 64G versions of the tf700
- adb sideload
- Stability fixes
- minadbd: remove unnecessary header files.
- Store CWM Recovery Version and Device
- Remove HAVE_SELINUX guards
- Store CWM Recovery Version Number
- Fix segfault with dead symlinks
- Blocked cached Google Music files from nandroid
- Pass the correct pointer to munmap on failure.
- add optional overscan compensation to recovery graphics
- adb: handle adbd auth in recovery mode
- UI text corrections
- Fix use of TARGET_USE_CUSTOM_LUN_FILE_PATH
- Add support for TARGET_USE_CUSTOM_LUN_FILE_PATH
- recovery: add transparency to error images
- Add minivold support
- Fix EMMC/data corruption bug
- Enable USB mount externally for /datamedia devices
- Support and installation of adb keys once
- Support for compressed backups
- Support F2FS partition format
- Fix adb sideload
- Fix formatting f2fs from edify scripts
- Allow sideload command to be used in conjunction with other commands
- Make “one confirm” the default action
- Enable optional swipe based touch controls
- adb keys support
**All said feature may not work since its an unofficial build.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide. [Optional]
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. [Guide].
5. Must let Reactivaion Lock off first (Settings –> General –> Security).
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900
- Download Odin v3.09.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Down button and the Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that .tar file that you downloaded earlier. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You just installed latest ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 (unofficial) on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. This flashable zip shared by Chenglu (donate). To boot into recovery, turn your device off then press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button for few seconds and soon you will see the ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 screen. In recovery use Volume rockers to scroll between options and Power button to select an option. [source]